Indian Libre User Group, Cochin Chapter is proud to present the second edition of the Swathanthra Software Sangamam from 25th to 29th of May 2009 at Vocational Higher Secondary School, Irimpanam, Thrippunithura. This event brings together the Free Software community, teachers and students for 5 days of knowledge sharing programmes.
Objectives of the Program
● To teach the basics of Computing and Programming through Command Line
Interface and Python Programming.
● To spread awareness on the importance of Free Software in Schools.
● To create a free thinking group among the students, teachers and the community to
study, share and collaborate thereby developing skills for generating ideas and
technologies for the country.
● To unravel the internals of computer hardware.
● Engage them in fun filled activities for learning.
Date: 25 – 29th May 2009
Venue: Vocational Higher Secondary School,
May 25 -28:
Workshop on Programming using the Python Language
Inauguration of Swathanthra Software Kuttayma, VHSS Irimpinam
Free Software Quiz Contest
Computer Hardware Internals Demonstration
Swathanthra Software Seminars
– Free Software, Free Society by Jay Jacob
– Future of Student Community through Swathanthra Software by Vimal Joseph
The complete details are given in the following files.